Hit me baby one more time..

Friday 2 December 2011

Mentee-ing

At Uni we have a system where all the first years intern for a fourth year putting together their collection. I've been paired with the amazingly supportive and trusting Coryn Dickson, who is in the middle of making pre-garments for every garment in her collection, which is a ton of work. Normally I help out in a general way with pressing, hand stitching, tracing of patterns, drafting basic things, sewing on buttons etc, but today Coryn  was holding an amazing ethereal photo shoot which happened to involve 11 potted plants which we borrowed from B&Q. To get them all up and down to the second floor studio we had to put them on the lift on their own and then send them up, which got some surprised looks from people who saw a lift full of plants arrive. I haven't seen the photos yet but fingers crossed, I'm sure they'll be amazing.






No comments:

Post a Comment